How do we collect so much stuff? It is truly amazing to me...as I begin to pack up the house that I have lived in for the last five years, where did all the stuff come from? I know the sandwhich maker was a gift and the 3 extra bedspreads were things I just HAD to HAVE. I have too much. When I look at my car packed full of STUFF...it makes me a little sick to my stomach.
So here is to de-cluttering this summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


My sister is the worst at that. My dad has a car, at my grandparents house, and it is completely filled with stuffed animals, completely,trunk and all, then her bedroom there is packed full of them, plus she brought a carry on with nothing but them, and she's got a whole tote of them coming with our furniture. I myself am very clutter free, because if I don't use it I usually just throw it away, in fact for the move I have one medium sized tote coming, and that's all of my stuff, and a lamp, but clothes wise, I'm very clutter/ish. I have 3 suitcases, and I still had to put stuff in my carry on. I think people just like to have stuff so they can say they have it, if you know what I mean? but it's opposite for me, I like being able to say all of my stuff fits in a little box. I don't know why either.
ReplyDeleteI really noticed my ability to collect clutter since I've moved to NYC and not had a ton of extra space (it's too expensive here!) I don't know what I did with all that stuff I used to store in my apartment in college. I've been working hard to really think about whether or not it's completely necessary for me to buy new things and/or pick up the free things on the stoops. I live in the tiniest of spaces and on top of that, share it with someone else, and I've still somehow collected a bunch of extra stuff over this last year! I'm definitely putting stuff out on the sidewalk to give away the next few weeks as we get ready to move to our new apartment.
ReplyDelete