Monday, June 1, 2009

Goals, Goals, Goals

I have started running once again with an awesome co-worker. It is always good to run with someone who pushes you and doesn't let you be a pushover and quit.
My goal is run a 10K and then a half marathon. I think I can live my whole life without ever running a marathon. That whole toenail falling off aspect does not sound too appealing.
Some friends are planning on running the Country Music Marathon in Nashville, TN next April. I guess they have a country band playing music at every mile. Man, I am a person that needs to be entertained and I do believe that hearing a different country act every mile might be the trick. I am trying to talk a few friends into training with me...signing up for the $80...and then I would have to do it...right?
Here is the website if you are interested:
http://www.cmmarathon.com/

Now that I have put this out there for everyone to see I'll have to do it...right?

My favorite line from "The Bachelorette" tonight--
A 27 year old man to a 35 year old man-- "Quit being a cheese a**"
and people wonder why I am still single...

2 comments:

  1. That marathon sounds fun! I, of course, could cheer you on. Run? Now way! Maybe a 3.2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think you should do it because I've learned from experience, that there are always people who are wanting you to do your best, and do things that you never thought you could. And can you imagine how much you will feel lik you have achieved at the end of the race? I'm cheering you on too Ms.Erickson! And the country band every mile, that sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete