
Perhaps it is because I have been on the dating scene for far too long. Maybe it is because I have unreasonably high expectations. (This is my sister's theory!) My theory is that it is because I am a magnet for unavailable and unstable men...but the conclusion I have reached is that I HATE first dates.
Let me recap some of my first date experiences:
*Taken through the drive through at Taco Bell.
*Date hungover from the night before and could not eat at dinner.
***Footnote: These are both men I ended up dating***
And the topper...a man who asked if I had endometriosis and was hoping I said yes!
So I feel like I have the right to be cynical before first dates. Last night, I had a first date and I was literally dreading it. I kept replaying in my mind all of the things that could go wrong.
To my surprise... it was great! Went to dinner. Had a few drinks while the Royals were playing. Good conversation. Lots of laughter. No talk of my uterus. Overall, it was a great time. So now maybe I can look forward to my second date.
(which by the way is already planned...things are looking up!)


Aww...you are too funny! Of course, I can laugh. I'm your mom!! (And so glad you know that when your uterus is the topic of conversation on the first date--it isn't a good thing!)
ReplyDeleteWooh Ms.Erickson!
ReplyDeleteYea Kate! Keep those standards high- you deserve it!! :)
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with the second date! Is it bad that I enjoy dating stories? I have been out of the dating loop for so long!
ReplyDelete