Well, I am officially a resident of a new town. I have lived in the J for one week and have found some definite ups and downs to the new place. My momma did a much better job documenting my new home than I have so if you would like to see my new digs click here.
Having lived in C for 18 years of my life and M happenin' for the other 10 it is slightly strange to find myself driving different streets and finding different opportunities.
Some of the perks of my new residence:
*3 minute commute to work. Yup, three minutes! Leave the house at 7:12 ... arrive to work at 7:15. LOVE IT!
*The lake! I have great friends who have great jet skis, boats, and tubes.
*The Generals. A little farm team who plays in a small town and has an AWESOME beer garden.
*My own bathroom. Rejoice!
*Sense of Community- Working where I live instills a greater sense of community.
Some of the down sides I have noticed:
*No fun restaurants. (However, this is saving me a ton of money!)
*No Target! Can you believe this is even possible?
*Stairs to the apartment. (grocery bags + stairs= tired Kate)
*Seeing my students EVERYWHERE! (It is no longer acceptable to leave my house in PJ's...if it ever was)
I am sure I will make the adjustment to living in the J.
"My home is not a place, it is people." Lois Bujold
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I miss you Ms.E!
ReplyDelete