Monday, July 13, 2009

Fish fryin' and small mouth bass...

I had a great weekend. The kinds of weekend where you are so busy you cannot possibly cram anything else into your schedule. This weekend was spent with dear old friends and great new friends.

Friday a group of teachers that I work with went to the lake for an afternoon of "fun in the sun." Tubing, jet skis, and cold drinks made it a great day. With having finished moving the day before it felt good to relax and act like a kid again. The "new friend" (we will call him FM..for fisherman) came out in the evening. He set up his deep fat fryer and fried my colleagues and I fish. It was AWESOME....he didn't have to do it...but he wanted to. I guess he was a pretty big hit because I received a text the next day saying that all of the men at the campground were planning on buying their own "fish frying kit!"

Saturday a different group of teachers and I went to Lawrence for a wedding. We started off ordering some drinks at Chilli's where my roomie was describing why she was a small mouth bass...we determined from her creative explanation that it was a woman who sips her drinks instead of chugging them!!! She thought everyone knew the meaning of calling someone a small mouth bass!
On to the wedding....It was an outdoor wedding and ended up being a beautiful evening. Is there anything better than wedding cake, homemade mints, and a candy buffet. Yup...a candy buffet. I wish I had taken a picture...It was awesome. To end the evening we watched a firework show far better than any I saw on the 4th of July!
Last night I went home to collapse. I napped, went through a drive through for dinner, and feel almost human again today. ...
I have to say that one of the reasons I love my job so much is because of the wonderful people I work with. When you work with your friends...it doesn't feel so much like work!

2 comments:

  1. I liked what you said about working with your friends not feeling so much like work. I really believe that if you like the people you work with any job can be wonderful - great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O... makes me miss living in a place where these kinds of relationships in between teachers makes sense... sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete