Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I am in People Magazine...

So on the first weekend of December I flew to Chicago for a girl's weekend with my best friends from high school. Marci and I left on Friday and Jen picked us up at the airport. I realized we were getting old when every night I was there we were home by eleven. I played Wii for the first time and my right arm hurt from bowling and boxing for a week after. (Second sign I am getting old.) We went to so many cool places and I will post their websites below but Saturday at lunch my entire year was made.
We are arrived at a placed called "Minis" in Lincoln Park around 2:00pm. Becky had been running late (Thank goodness) and when we arrived we noticed a police car in the back of the restaurant. We walked through the door and there were two men in suits and ear pieces standing at the door. As clueless as I am, I did not think anything about it. The hostess took our names and told us she would be right back. When she returned she said, "Your table is ready but I have to tell you something. I am going to seat you next Michelle Obama and her daughters." Of course, I then began screaming. She then proceeded to hold up her hand and say "Listen, you have to be cooler than that." I gathered myself and we were escorted to our seats. Sure enough, Michelle Obama and her daughters at a birthday party. (Red balloons and all!) She was wearing a gold sweater and purple jeans. (I wasn't staring!) I was pretty much dazed the rest of the lunch...staring and pretending to talk to the girls.
Anyway...I ate lunch with Michelle Obama. I even made it in People Magazine...see...
"Michelle Obama and daughters Malia, 10, and Sasha, 7, lunching with girlfriends at Minnies, a restaurant in Chicago 's Lincoln Park neighborhood where everything is miniaturized. The Obama girls had Minnieburgers, Minnie chicken pesto sandwiches and Minnie Freezes – butterscotch milkshakes – during their visit to the Windy City hot spot."


So exciting! I was in People Magazine.

Here are some of the places we visited in Chi-Town:
Hub 51
http://www.hub51chicago.com/

Second City
http://www.secondcity.com/?id=theatres/chicago

Minnie's
www.minnies.com

Quartino
http://www.quartinochicago.com/index.html

Francesca's
http://www.francescascollections.com/index.jsp

No comments:

Post a Comment