I have been putting this blog off...I have found that I tend to stop writing when bad things are happening in my life. In fact, when my long term boyfriend and I broke up ... I stopped journaling. When my mom had her stroke...well I haven't really written since. So I am forcing myself to type...
Melissa is my boss, role model, friend, and another strong independent woman that I have the pleasure of having in my life. My first year teaching at JC she found out that her husband was diagnosed with leukemia. For the next four years she and her husband fought heroically (and more importantly together) to battle the awful disease. It always amazed me how she would come to work and do her job with vigor and enthusiasm while her husband was sick. She has a ten year old son and is also working on her doctoral degree and she still managed to be the most efficient and successful principal that I have ever seen. She is truly amazing.
As you can probably guess her husband lost his battle with cancer on February 28th. It is so hard to know what to say to a woman who has worked tirelessly for over four years to protect and fight for her husband's health. ...
I have had the pleasure of seeing functional and successful relationships filled with lots of love reflected in my family and friends. (My parents are a perfect example!) Perry and Melissa were much the same way...when I was around them I saw a love and admiration in both their eyes for one another that showed me a love that I hope I am some day lucky enough to find.
So if you read this...go to the people you love...tell them you love them...hug them tight and thank God for all of our wonderful blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


This made me cry. A nice tribute to Melissa.
ReplyDelete